Purpose: To provide a scholarship to three (3) high school graduating seniors intending to pursue post-high school course of study at either college/university or other post-secondary educational institution.
Award Components: One (1) $750 scholarship awarded to one (1) student in each of the following parishes (pending all requirements are met): St. Charles, St. James & St. John the Baptist.
1. Applicant must be a resident of one of the following parishes: St. Charles, St. James or St. John the Baptist.
2. Applicant must be a graduating high school senior in the year of the award.
3. Applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher based on a 4.0 scale.
4. Applicant must be actively involved in community service.
Applicant must submit the following items:
1. Completed application form. Can be downloaded online and printed or handwritten (if handwritten, please print legibly).
2. An official high school transcript with cumulative grade point average.
3. Personal Essay (500 words maximum).
A natural outgrowth and expansion for the continuation of the highly successful Dr. Betty Shabazz Delta Academy: Catching the Dreams of Tomorrow, Delta GEMS was created to catch the dreams of African-American at-risk, adolescent girls aged 14-18. Delta GEMS provides the framework to actualize those dreams through the performance of specific tasks that develop a CAN DO attitude. The goals for Delta GEMS are:
The Delta GEMS program offers a road map for college and career planning through activities that provide opportunities for self-reflection and individual growth. Delta GEMS participants have the opportunity to define and “Discover their individual Brilliance.”
This website is the sole property and responsiblity of the River Parishes Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 River Parishes Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder